Our tutors are the heart and soul of Tungsten Prep. We value their contributions and celebrate their unique talents. As a small but rapidly growing business, we offer opportunities for tutors to tackle new projects, acquire new skills and evolve with our company.
We are always looking to hire talented and motivated tutors in a range of subjects.
We ask our tutors to go the extra mile for their students, and we compensate accordingly.
We Live Our Values
Put Students First
We serve our students with compassion and creativity. They are at the heart of every business decision we make.
Succeed as a Team
We are an ego-free culture. We celebrate each individual’s contributions and work collaboratively to advance our mission and support our teammates. We operate with integrity and embrace diversity.
Think Like an Entrepreneur
Our tutors are bold, original and invested in our company and our mission for the long-term.
Innovate through Balance
Today’s workplace must evolve to serve our lives outside the office. Tutors make their own hours, because we believe a flexible environment creates space for inspired, happy workers.
Are We a Good Fit?
No two tutors are alike, but our exceptional tutors have a few things in common:
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and teaching experience, preferably at the Middle School or High School level
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with both students and their parents
- An interest in the teamwork required to be part of a growing company
- Flexibility to work with students in the afternoons, or on evenings and weekends (up to eight hours per week during busy times)
- The ability to travel to appointments at high schools or homes in Washington DC and/or southern Montgomery County
- An intention to continue working with us for at least two years
We work with an extremely diverse student body, and so we value tutors who can inspire a wide range of students to pursue challenging academic subjects. For that reason, we strongly encourage women and minority candidates to apply.